Friday, February 19

A new beginning

After a visit to my doctor on Tuesday (16/2/10) I've made a decision to change my lifestyle. I have to get rid of 40-50 kg's. I have to get fit. I have to get my blood sugar levels under control. I have to get my cholestrol under control. I have to get my heart working efficiently again. I have to get my blood circulation circulating again. I have to get my blood pressure to normal. Either this, or my time here will be severely limited. Fortunately it's almost 5 years since I stopped smoking (9/8/05).

I had one heck of a skrik when my doctor told me she is worried, because she never admits to being worried. According to her, my heart sounds a bit tired....

My blood pressure for the past few days were:
  • 16/2/10: At doctor's rooms: 150/110. Not good.
  • 16/2/10: PM: 179/92
  • 17/2/10: AM: 152/96
  • 17/2/10: PM: 147/96
  • 18/2/10: AM: 137/76
  • 18/2/10: PM: 148/88
  • 19/2/10: AM: 152/94
  • 19/2/10: PM: 148/90

  • I'll be posting my BP every day. At this stage the scale shows me as over 151 kg's, so I'll have to wait until I'm measurable again before I can add that to my blog as well.

    Please pray for me...


    UPDATE: 16:00
    Doctor phoned to confirm Tuesday's appointment. She received the result of blood sugar level tests, and sounds concerned... (Again...)


    5 comments:

    Sune said...

    I will be following your daily progress and know even if I'm 11502km far,I'm with you every step of the way!! You GO,JOHAN!!!!

    Sune said...

    How did the first day go?

    Ronel said...

    Ok lets try again.. perhaps with Glenn's help ill get it right... Boet we rooting for you!!!.. If I can loose weight and so also your sister.. YOU are the most determine person I know! You the most stubborn person I know... I know you can! Hey.. we need you to be fit and healthy

    Ronel said...

    As you can see... I need me man... He is soooo clever!

    Sune said...

    You sound determined and that's good!! You know what, don't go on extreme diets and deprive yourself from anything - yes,eat the slice of cake, have a beer...BUT not every day and cut down. It's a process of getting use to eat differently and smaller quantities. And don't try to focus on what you eat...the more you handle this in a natural way, the easier it will become.
    Keep it up!!